“The certificate of expertise should accompany graduates of Geography”, said Jojo Achmad Rahardjo, as a Chairman of Committee ’88 Geography UGM Alumni, as he opens his remarks on the socialization of “Introduction to HR in the Geospatial Industry” and certification exam simulations, Thursday 18 October 2018, in collaboration between Geospatial Information Agency (BIG) and LSP GeoProf. The speakers of this event were from BIG and Alumni, who have taken part in related fields. This event was presented by ’88 Geography UGM Alumni, in a series of alumni gathering events with the slogan “Telung Puluh Tahun Kekancan Ora Mboseni”.
The event was opened by the Dean of the Faculty of Geography UGM, Prof. Dr. rer.nat. Muh Aris Marfai, S.Si., M.Sc. The Dean welcomed this event which supports the efforts to improve the quality of graduates of the Faculty of Geography by generating Geography graduates who have high competitiveness in the industrial world. This effort must be followed by preparing students as early as possible to have a certificate of expertise based on their fields.
On his remarks, the Dean also delivered several plans to build several facilities in Faculty of Geography, including the construction of a “student activity hub”, as a discussion area for students, with a wide internet network.
Beside seminar, Alumni will continue their contribution by holding “Talkshow: Together Building the Country” on Friday, 19 October 2018, at Merapi Auditorium, Faculty of Geography UGM, which is planned to be attended by students and lecturers. Speakers in this event are:
- Bambang Widyatmiko, S.Si., MT (Director of Development Planning and Transmigration Areas Development – Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration Republic of Indonesia)
- Raditya Jati, S.Si., M.Sc. (Director of Disaster Risk Reduction – BNPB)
- Budi Kurniawan, M. Eng. (PLH. Director of Water Pollution Control – KLHK)
- Sampe Halasan Gultom, S.Si, M.Sc. (Director of PT. Bumi Services Nusantara)
- Lissa Rukmi Utari, S.Si., DESS. (Director of PT Waindo Specterra)
- Sakariza Qori Hermawan, S.Si., MA (Branch Manager of PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.)
- Sri Suharyati, S.Si., M.Pd. (Principal of 2 Pejawaran State Junior High School, Banjarnegara Regency)