The Student Organizations in Universitas Gadjah Mada is based on the Decree of the Chancellor of Universitas Gadjah Mada No: 32/J01.P/KM/97 dated 12 April 1997 concerning the Guidelines for Student Organizations at Universitas Gadjah Mada as follows:
The Family Comprehension Board of the Universitas Gadjah Mada at the Faculty level consists of:
- Faculty Student Senate (SMF).
- Faculty Student Executive Board (BEMF); and
- Student Association of Department (HMJ), specifically for faculties that have departments.
SMF has the main task of carrying out all SPSMF provisions; making decisions that are deemed necessary in the implementation of GBHK Faculty students; representing Faculty students both inside and outside the Faculty; and conducting work meetings with HMJ once a month.
BEMF has the task of planning and carrying out activities related to its department under the coordination of BEMF based on SPSMF. BEMF functions as the implementation of activities at the department level.
HMJ functions as the implementation of activities at the department level which have the task of planning and carrying out activities related to their majors under the coordination of BEMF based on SPSMF.
The list of student organizations:
- Student Executive Board (BEM-KM) Faculty of Geography UGM
- Art Workshop of Geography (BeKaGe)
- Association of Regional Development and Geographic Information System Students (ARDGIS)
- Environmental Geography Student Association (EGSA)
- Student Association of Remote Sensing and Geography Information System (STARGIS)
- Geography Student Association for Environmental and Adventure Activities (GEGAMA)
- Congregation of Geography Islamic Student (JMG)
- Christian Student Association (KMK)
- Geography Study Club (GSC)