Standards of Conduct in Faculty of Geography UGM
Students are expected to contribute in the development of science, technology and culture which aims to attain the facts and truths in accordance to the existing ethic value of science and technology, that is transparent, universal, objective, critical, and beneficial to the society, nation and the country.
Faculty of Geography of Universitas Gadjah Mada provides a qualified education and teaching to the students to be a competent Geography Scholar and capable to work in national and international scale. In accordance to the specific knowledge they acquired, students are expected to become the role model for the local, national and global community by demonstrating the geographic prowess.
The learning materials provided in Faculty of Geography sharpens the scientific knowledge, managerial skill, leadership skill, and entrepreneurship skill of the students. The values proliferated to the students comprise of honesty, responsibility, creativity, critical, caring, dynamic and cooperative. The noble output may only be obtained through clear direction of students code of ethics in Faculty of Geography UGM.
This regulation encompasses the below mentioned parties :
- University refers to Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Faculty refers to Faculty of Geography UGM
- Head of Faculty refers to Dean and Vice Dean of Faculty of Geography UGM
- Dean refers to Dean of Faculty of Geography UGM
- Lecturer whose main duty is to educate, teach, and conduct community service.
- Student whose main responsibility is to participate in every academic program in the Faculty of Geography, comprises of Diploma (D3), S1, S2, and S3
- Academic Officer is supportive personnel whose appointed based on the Faculty decree.
- Curriculum are set of plans and regulations of the content of academic materials, how to deliver and assessment of the output applied in the Faculty of Geography. Materials used as guidelines for learning activities.
- Campus is environment within Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Student activity is an activity undertaken by students in the framework of the learning process to assist academic activities and self-development of students inside or outside campus.
- Awards are all forms of action of giving material or non-material benefit by the head of the faculty for the students who have achieved academic or non-academic achievement
- Sanctions are all forms of punishment and rehabilitation imposed on students for violating the applicable rules
The main responsibility of the students is to conduct academic activities.
- Students are entitled to access and opportunity to develop and apply science through teaching and learning process, research and community service
- Students are entitled to receive guidance from lecturers or parties that is appointed by the Head of the Faculty
- To obtain the rights as set forth in article (1) in Chapter II, the student is obliged to follow and implement the applicable Curriculum:
- Planning lectures by filling out KRS under the advice of academic supervisor
- Undertaking the learning process according to the student study plan
- Reporting the results of studies (KHS) to parents or parties responsible for assisting student financing
- The process of lectures and practicum as a form of curriculum implementation must be followed by students with the following provisions:
- Attending lectures for at least 70% (seventy percent) of the total number of meetings held by lecturers with a minimum of 12 meetings and carried out in accordance with a predetermined schedule
- Attending class on time based on the schedule. The students that is late shall only enter if the concerned lecturer permits.
- During the lectures, students are prohibited from eating, using Handphone, leaving the class without permission, cheating, and acting rudely
- For the purpose of learning evaluation, students are also required to take the exam and/or complete the tasks charged by the lecturer. The rules of the exam will be determined by a separate regulation.
- In conducting academic activities, the students must fulfill the academic ethics and norms and not allowed to engage in scientific misconduct which includes fraud, coercion, forgery, plagiarism, and other activities that deviate from scientific practices and academic norms.
- Students must support the vision of the Faculty of Geography to be an environmentally friendly campus
- All actions concerning academic violations shall be liable to sanctions in accordance with applicable rules
Student activity is an activity directed to support academic activity and self-development of the students.
- Student organizations provide a platform to channel aspirations and hobbies of the students
- Students can convey direct aspirations to the Head of Faculty / Department and Study Program, faculty, and staff / education personnel using constructive, ethical and polite manner, both orally and written.
- Students can channel and improve their creativity in the spiritual, sports, science, technology and arts fields based on the prevailing norms and ethics.
- Student activities conducted outside the campus must be under the supervision and approved by the Head of Faculty and meet the operational standards.
- In conducting student activity, funding may be made through submitting proposals to the Head of the Faculty and may use existing facilities and infrastructure in accordance to applicable regulations.
- Students may engage in cooperation and sponsorships with parties outside of the Faculty of Geography with the permission of the Head of Faculty.
- Every student activity must be under the supervision of the head of student organization (BEM, UKM, HMJ) that succumb to prevailing rules and within the supervision of Head of the Faculty.
Students are required to meet the general ethics and norms and implement the specific ethics and norms applicable in the Faculty
- Having good manners in interacting with lecturers, employees / academic personnel, and fellow students.
- Neat and courteous clothing
- Wearing neat clothes, with shoes
- No sleeveless shirt are allowed
- No tight dress and miniskirts for female students
- Not dressed using transparent material
- Not cover most of the face
- Polite make-up
- Not pierced either nose, and ear especially for men (including wearing earrings)
- Neat haircut, unpainted, and not longish
- No smoking in the campus area, especially in the lecture room, practicum room, laboratory, Dean room, lecture room, administration room, and other spaces determined by the Head of the Faculty.
- Maintain order, security, tranquility, cleanliness and the aesthetic of the campus:
- Student activities shall only be conducted between 06.00-22.00 WIB. A permit from the head of the faculty are required for activities conducted outside the aforementioned hours.
- Sleepover in campus area are prohibited
- Criminal and immoral activities including carrying pictures, movies, files containing elements of pornography and porno action are prohibited
- Sharp weapons, rifles, firearms are not allowed in campus
- Not carrying or consuming Narcotics and Psychotropic drugs
- No pets are allowed
- Park vehicle in the provided space
- Put the garbage/waste in the rubbish bin
Awards and Sanctions
- Students who accomplish good achievement while upholding the norms and ethics are entitled to an award from the faculty.
- Students Awards is determined by the Head of Faculty considering the aspirations of the students.
- Students who violate the rules may be subject to sanctions in the form of:
- Verbal warning by lecturers, academic staff, or Head of Faculty
- Written warning by the Head of Faculty to the student concerned and accompanied by notices to parents, guardians or donors.
- Prohibition from attending lectures and or exams for one or more courses.
- Revocation of scholarships channeled through the faculty / university.
- Deprived of his right to be awarded as an outstanding student.
- Prohibited from taking lectures for one or several semesters while losing the right for leave of absence
- Postponed time of graduation.
- Revoke the status as a student in Faculty of Geography.
- If the offense is known after the graduation, revocation of his bachelor degree shall be made.
- Sanctions to students who violate the rules are focus as rehabilitation effort instead of punishment
- Sanctions will be imposed by a special force.
- Head of Faculty can form a team consisting of elements of Head of Faculty, lecturers, education staff, students, other parties if deemed necessary.
- Number of teams consist of at least 3 (three) persons representing the elements in clause (5.a)
- The task of the team is to propose sanctions to the Dean to be imposed on the offending student.
- The convicted student may defend the allegation of his offense
This rule is valid since its establishment
Issued in: Yogyakarta
Date : August 7, 2009
Prof. Dr. SURATMAN, M.Sc