Student registration / registration
Every academic semester, students are required to conduct two types of registration, namely:
- Administrative registration: paying the tuition fee through a Bank appointed by UGM. The student then obtains the registered status with validation (registered marking) on the Student Card or Gamacard by the registration officer.
- Academic registration: registration in each faculty (by showing proof of payment from the bank) to be able to follow the academic activities of the semester.
For students who do are not doing re-registration or academic leave, the student’s status in the relevant semester becomes canceled and is not allowed to follow academic activities and use the available facilities.
Academic leave and herregistration after academic leave
- Academic leave
Academic leave is only allowed if student already has awritten permission from the dean or rector.
Academic leave of more than 2 years, whether consecutive or not, must submit a letter of application for academic leave to the chancellor with a copy of the dean.
The period of academic leave is not taken into account as an active period in relation to the maximum study period.
During academic leave students do not have to pay tuition fee.
Students are not allowed to take academic leave prior to the evaluation of the first four semesters. If there is a particular reason (e.g. pregnancy/ childbirth, illness and hospitalization), the approval of the rector may be granted an academic leave permit, the deduction period will still be considered as an active period of study and is used as the basis for calculation in the evaluation.
- Herregistration after academic leave Students who wish to be active again after academic leave must perform the following stages:
Apply an active study letter to the dean (for those who previously received leave permission from the dean) or to the rector (for those who previously received leave permission from the rector). This application letter must be submitted no later than 1 month before the semester’s activities start.
Herregistration by showing the active license of the college and Student Card at UGM Registration Office and paying tuition fee (SPP / BOP).
Study Plan Card
At the time of entering the new semester, each student must determine the course of study for the following semester. The course that will be pursued must be registered in the Academic and Student Affairs Section by filling out the Study Plan List to the Academic Information System in each faculty / department. The Study Plan must also be approved by the appointed Academic Lecturer. The credit load to be taken based on the GPA that was acquired in the previous semester with the following rules:
|GPA previous semester||credit load|
|0.00 – 1.49||12 credits|
|1.50 – 1.99||15 credits|
|2.00 – 2.49||18 credits|
|2.50 – 2.99||21 credits|
|3.00 – 4.00||24 credits|
If in the previous semester students carried out academic leave then the number of credit load that can be taken is minimal load (12 credits).
For new students, the amount of study load per semester is determined by the curriculum and policy of each faculty.
Students whose attendance in class less than 75% of the prescribed schedule are not allowed to take the relevant course examination.
Evaluation of the lecture is conducted in 3 stages:
- The first evaluation applied after the students attend the study for the first 4 semesters in a row since accepted as a new student. Evaluation carried out at the end of semester 4. In this evaluation the student must have collected at least 30 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00. If they do not meet the requirements, the student is not allowed to continue his studies at UGM or drop out.
- The second stage evaluation applied prior to the programmed study period will end in accordance with the time period determined by each department. Evaluation of this stage is applied to students who have problems with academic achievement that missed from the provisions.
- The final evaluation is applied at the end of the study period that is at the 14th semester or after 7 years of study period.
Download Academic Guide of Undergraduate Program
Download Curriculum Transition of 2012 to 2017
Download Academic Regulations for Master and Doctoral Program